Maddison hopes for England return after impressive performance

The 23-year-old's impressive performance came just hours after he learned he had not been called up for England's upcoming Nations League fixtures against Belgium and Iceland.

Asked if he was disappointed to miss out, Maddison told BT Sport: "Yes, if I am being honest.

"I want to be in the England squad, that is what I dreamt of as a little boy. I have had a taste of it and I want more.


"I am back fit now - I am getting the minutes in the legs. I had a long injury last year and had a couple of knocks this year so I haven't had a consecutive run of games.

"I can't control whether I am in the England squad or not - I don't pick the teams but I can only concentrate on what I do at Leicester.

"We're second in the Premier League and three wins out of three in the Europa League, so keep my form for Leicester and the rest will take care of itself."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Defensive Powerhouse: Nnamdi Frank, Lobi Stars and Nigeria's Rising Star

Sports Journalists In Aba Honor Finidi George in Post-Afcon Reception.

Lagos State FA Chairman Congratulates Manu Garba On His Appointment As Golden Eaglets Coach