"Let's compete at Enyimba's level" - A&A striker Emmanuel Isreal


Striker Emmanuel Isreal has encouraged his A&A teammates to face today's Governor Ikpeazu Pre Season Tournament meeting with Enyimba with a positive mindset.

Whilst admitted that his side will face difficulties in trying to end Enyimba's 100 per cent start so far, the striker knows what his side must do.

“Let’s raise our game against a team that we know will attack us much, that defends very well, that can counter-attack very well and is good at set-pieces,” Emmanuel Isreal addresed reporters pre-match.

“We have to play a very intense game and compete at their level if we want to achieve something.

“It will be difficult. Whilst I speak very highly of the opponent and I believe that they deserve that, I am not pessimistic, nor do I think that we will not have our chances.

“I see virtues in my team and potential to be able to get a good result.”

Emmanuel Isreal has already netted five goals so far in the tournament.

“I don't even know the number of goals I have scored. I just want to help my team perform. I will contiue working with the same intensity.

“Favourites on Wednesday? For me, it is of little use to talk about favourites, both teams will have to demonstrate what they can do.

“We will play against a great side, that has won everything, that has beat opponents in their last two games. We know the difficulties, but we have the tools to play them and we must show this.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Defensive Powerhouse: Nnamdi Frank, Lobi Stars and Nigeria's Rising Star

Sports Journalists In Aba Honor Finidi George in Post-Afcon Reception.

Lagos State FA Chairman Congratulates Manu Garba On His Appointment As Golden Eaglets Coach