NPFL: Nyima Nwagua Opens Goal Account, Sets Goal Target for The Season

Cc: Favour Itua

Rivers United striker Nyima Nwagua says his first goal of the season is an opener for him to score more goals. 

Nwagua who joined from the Sai Maisugida side Kano Pillars opened his goal scoring account for Rivers United against Kwara United in the 32nd minute after turning two of his marker before slotting past Emmanuel Iwu. 

The former Aiteo Cup winner in an exclusive chat with our correspondent hinted that he wants to score as many goals as possible this season. 

"I feel excited, you know I have been giving my best all this while and I have been really looking forward to this day to open my account with goals so that it can always be coming. 

This goal is very important to me because when you score the first goal, you start expecting more. 

My personal target is on the high, I want to click double figures this season". 

Two second half goals from Ishaq Kayode and Ebube Duru wrapped things up for the Pride of Rivers as they secured a comfortable win. 


Rivers United now have 12 points from 6 matches and will take a trip to Lagos to face MFM in their next game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Defensive Powerhouse: Nnamdi Frank, Lobi Stars and Nigeria's Rising Star

Sports Journalists In Aba Honor Finidi George in Post-Afcon Reception.

Lagos State FA Chairman Congratulates Manu Garba On His Appointment As Golden Eaglets Coach